Writing Cards {Printable}

Thursday, March 21, 2013


My son started Pre-Primary this year and the two main things the teachers are concentrating on at the moment are reading and writing.  He has reading and flash-card homework so the reading bit is covered but to help his writing along (and this is really mainly for when we are out and about not as an add-on to his nightly homework), I made him up some really simple writing cards. 
 
 
 
 
 
Notice the third hand creeping into the pic?  Little sis always has to get in on the action!
I used Victorian Modern Cursive, which is the font of choice by WA schools - not sure if it's Australia wide - because I wanted him to be practising exactly what he uses at his school.  I kept the phrases simple and asked him for some input on what he wanted to practise writing.  His first response was "Ben 10 rocks" (of course it was) and I expected his second response to be "My Mum is great" (of course it wasn't!).  I added it anyway.  I then printed and laminated the cards and have them held together with a curtain ring which I had in my sewing box.  The laminate lets him write and erase as often as he wants.
 
 
 
 
If you have little ones in Pre-Primary, or Kindy, and you would like them to have a little extra writing practise, feel free to download the writing cards.

4 comments:

  1. These are great!

    Would love for you to link it up at my new Empty Your Archive link party which is a chance to dust off great  posts from your archive - there is a special focus this week on reading - would really love to see you there, Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea!
    Some thing like this would also be great for journal prompts for my 8 year old who needs to focus on his story-telling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samone - welcome, and thanks so much for stopping by and commenting ... always makes a blogger's day! I won't be able to respond to your template requests while I'm away but will get onto it the minute I'm home! PS: I'm on FB too, if you want to play along that way!! ;)

    ReplyDelete