Easter Egg Pot Holders

Monday, March 4, 2013


 
I made these quirky little Easter Egg Pot Holders last year for my son's teachers.  They are very easy to make and would suit a beginner sewer.  I made them using a pattern and tutorial designed by Kelly at Miss Mary Sews - which you can see here (she also does fabulous sewing classes if you live in the Perth area).  The only thing I added to Kelly's pattern was a loop at the top of each pot holder so they could be hung up.  Her tutorial is very clear and is really easy to follow.  It's a great little project for all those fabric scraps you have laying around and really is a nice alternative to giving chocolate.
 
What am I doing this year?  I have absolutely no idea.  It's not looking good for his new teachers this year! :(
 
Happy Easter everyone, stay safe, eat well and enjoy your break!  Oh, and don't forget to post me a pic if you happen to get into crazy Easter sewing and whip up some of these little lovelies.

4 comments:

  1. Those are a really great idea. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so adorable. What a super fun idea! I'm pretty sure just about everyone could use potholders at any given time... I might have to make these for some of my relatives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by - I love them too! Love your i-pad cover - very cute. x

      Delete